Hi, hello, and welcome to the most wonderful time of the year! The weather’s getting colder, pumpkin-flavored everything is in full force, and casually wearing costumes to run errands is acceptable (or at least, more acceptable than it is the rest of the year).
Whether or not your fall is filled doing witchcraft or watching scary movies on your ex’s Netflix, you probably want to do something special for Oct. 31. And honestly, a good Halloween date may be exactly what your 2021 autumn needs.
So if you don’t have a boo, download an app. If you don’t want a boo, bring a friend. If your friends are witches (and not like, the fun kind), date yourself. Whether you want something sexy, scary, or a lil of both, throw on some animal ears and check out 15 of our favorite ways to celebrate the spookiest day of the year.
1. Go on a ghost tour. Pretty much every city has some ~haunted spots.~ Find the highest-rated spooky tour in your town, pregame the shit out of the night, and get your scare on.
2. Have a scary story competition. Each of you writes a scary story, then you have to perform it on IG live. Whoever gets the most positive feedback wins, and the loser has to order dinner. Costumes and accents are obvi highly encouraged because all! life! is a stage!
3. Throw a Halloween party together. Sure, this one might take a little bit more prep, but nothing says “couple of the year” like hosting a raging get-together. Just keep things outside, socially distant, and invite your vaxxed friends because the only thing worse than a lame Halloween is spreading Covid-19.
4. Go picking of some sort. Apple picking, pumpkin picking, engagement ring picking. Just pick something, dammit.
5. Have a pumpkin spice-themed day. Go on a scavenger hunt for the craziest pumpkin goodies you can find or do a DIY version. Make your own pumpkin-spice drinks. Eat some pumpkin soup. Rub pumpkin-flavored whipped cream all over each other. Pumpkin!
6. Go to a cemetery and have a picnic. Sure, it’s a lil morbid, but nothing reminds you to live in the moment like dining among the dead.
7. Hit up as many haunted houses as possible and stay up allll night scared out of your fucking minds. But like, while you’re both up, you might as well comfort each other, right?
8. Go to a drive-in for a scary movie marathon. And yes, hooking up in the backseat of the car is the whole reason for this date, but I see absolutely no problem with that.
9. Have a Harry Potter-inspired dinner party featuring pumpkin pasties, shepherd’s pie, treacle tart, and spiked pumpkin juice. Floating candles and references to Moaning Myrtle are optional but suggested.
10. Go to a harvest festival. They have it all: corn mazes, hayrides, pumpkins, goats you can feed, cute photo ops. What more could you ask for?
11. Paint or carve pumpkins. It’s a classic for a reason. And if you happen to have a cute, throwing-pumpkin-guts fight that results in shower sex, so be it.
12. Watch every season of America Horror Story in order of how good they are. So: Murder House, Coven, Hotel, Apocalypse, and then it honestly doesn’t matter because they get weird AF.
13. Then watch American Horror Stories because the spinoff show is actually maybe better than the original? I said what I said!!!
14. Go on a spooky road trip. Head to New Orleans, Salem, or Savannah and do a whole bunch of witchy shit. Just be sure to pack your black hat and sage.
15. Throw on some old Halloween costumes and have a night of role-play. A vampire and prey? Doctors on break? Sexy coworkers pulling an all-nighter? You get it.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io